Monday, July 7, 2008

Friends No More

The treadmill and I are no longer friends. After Laurens success on the treadmill yesterday I decided to give it a try, but I failed. I attempted to run a 5k on it today which I completed but in a horrible time (29 minutes). I get too bored while running so I speed up the treadmill to get the run over with, but then I run out of energy and have to slow it down. After that I realize that I am running at an incredibly slow pace so I try to speed it up again, followed by getting too tired and having to slow it down the speed once more. The treadmill and I had this fight for about 20 minutes of my run.

The one positive thing I did get from this workout is I realized that I have to find a pace and stick with it when I have to run inside. Hopefully we have nice weather until December 7th and I can do most of my workouts outdoors!

6 months until the marathons and the training is still going well!

IPod Stats:
Distance-5.02 km
Time- 29:33
Pace- 5:52

No comments: