Sunday, August 24, 2008

Dale Saves The Day

Today was my nine mile run which I planned out to run the north side of Solon, because I never really am out on the side of town, and since I was running alone I figured I should do a path I have never done before. To start out my run I ran my neighborhood then to North Huntington, this part wasn’t too bad but I figured I should get it out of the way so I didn’t have to run it on my way home. After that I continued to Timberlane so I could cut through to Solon Road and take Sherbrook to SOM (this was all a route I have done before so it wasn’t too exciting for me. Once I got onto SOM I encountered a small but steep hill to take me to Ledge Hill. This is a neighborhood I seldom go into because I don’t really know anyone who lives in here. Once I finished this neighborhood I was on Cannon, this is when my problems started to occur.
The reason I decided to run on Cannon was because I thought that there was only one hill, and that hill would be all downhill since I was coming from the west. To my surprise I was WRONG. I was correct that there was one BIG hill but I was wrong with that being the only one. The big hill that I went down was very steep and at some points of it, it was hard to keep my legs moving slow enough to get down it. Once I hit the bottom of this hill I realized that I was looking up at another hill, so I put my head down and ran up it (This patterned continued for about 4 hills). On about my third hill I decided that I needed a good stretch and some water. Since I only had control of one of those things I took a brief stop and stretched, 20 seconds into my stretch Dale (dad) came to save the day, drove and found me bringing me some water. After my water break I felt like I had the energy to continue running all the way home. To my surprise a mile later dale came again with more water, this time I took the bottle and ran with it all of the way home.
As I was finishing my run I turned onto Bainbridge where I thought I was home free at my slow pace. But there were three guys standing at the corner that just finished their run, and were talking. All of the sudden they stopped looked at me and started talking; I shortly realized that it was Mr. Rutsky (Samantha’s dad and my new neighbors). As I turned the corner he started running with me and pushed my all of the way home (about .75 miles). He seemed to be going very fast (and talking to me) which was even harder for me to keep up but I didn’t want to show up that I was out of shape so I continued running and pushing myself to keep up with him. He left me at the bottom of the hill on my street and my pushed myself all the way to my home.
Overall I was impressed with my run, because it was a distance I never ran before and I didn’t it with only stopping once for a good stretch and water.
IPod Stats:
Distance:
9.53
Pace: 9:11
Time: 1:27

1 comment:

Joe and Lauren said...

Nice post and sounds like a good run! I'm jealous you ran your full training amount and more. Good for you!