Saturday, August 30, 2008

One week til the race


Well let’s just say to start off my run was not as scenic as yours and I needed to use my IPod because I didn’t have the pleasure of waves crashing along the shore line. My run started in my house went up to Chagrin Falls then back to my house.
The first part of my run (down Bainbridge) was a little hilly and tough because it was on a main curvy road, and I would get nervous that a car would come zooming around the corner and not see me. Luckily I was safe and got onto another road that didn’t have as much traffic (Chagrin River Road). This road was equally as hilly but I just put my head down and tried to make my way up without thinking about what I was doing. After about two miles on Chagrin River Road I went on Franklin which took me to the downtown area. This part of the run wasn’t too bad because I was running on new asphalt (which seemed softer on my joints, which it probably wasn’t). Also along this part my father drove by and brought me water once again. This was a nice break, but I am really going to have to learn how to drink out of a water bottle when I run because I spill most of it on me when I run.
The second to last part of the run was on Solon Road, through Bentlyville, which wouldn’t have been too bad if they had sidewalks. While I was running on the side of the street which was about the length of a pencil, a car almost hit me. This wasn’t the normal almost hit by a car moment it was I actually had to just off the road to dodge the car because it was driving on the white line. That part of the run was a little nerve reeking because I almost lost a leg (and since I have paid for the ½ marathon and Vegas marathon I was going to be pissed if I didn’t get to run in them).
The last leg of my run was down liberty road, which wasn’t anything special or new because it was the same section I ran last week. The only thing different about the run was I had an empty water bottle in my hand and I dropped it off in the mailbox of the family you used to babysit (I think, not sure which house you worked at).

No comments: