After destroying my body with alcohol and late nights this weekend, my run today was a huge struggle. I started out alright for the first 6 miles or so. Joe brought me some water and then dropped off two more water bottles further ahead on the course. The suffering began around mile 8 - I ran up a hill and after reaching the top, it continued to feel like I was running up hill until the end of the run. My legs were incredibly tight and were yelling at me to stop putting them in pain.
I blocked out the screaming and continued on my path. I picked up a hidden water bottle at mile 11 and basically finished it in one gulp. Still thirsty, I was lucky to find a water fountain to refill my empty bottle. I stopped for a quick bathroom break in a horribly smelling port-O-potty around mile 13.
At mile 16.5 my legs hurt so much that I decided to take a break to stretch. That was a mistake. I couldn't motivate myself to start up again. Although I am disappointed in not finishing the full 17 miles, I think I have learned my lesson. I can't have 2 days of dehydration and lack of sleep and expect to perform well. I will be smarter from now on during the training...
On a different note, there is this great club we can go to on December 6th when we're in Vegas...NOT!
1 comment:
Glad to see a post. Sorry about your run I know how it can feel. But just think we only less then a month and a half before th big day!
Post a Comment