Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fall Foliage Frolick

I went for a long run in the windy, chilly weather. It was my first real taste of running in cold weather. I wore long spandex pants (oooh la la!) and layered a short and long sleeved shirt. My hands were a occasionally cold throughout the run.

I ran the same path as my last long run but I added in a couple of loops - so the entire path was probably just shy of 18 miles. It went well though (especially in comparison to my last long run - I felt fully rested and hydrated). Some pain came between mile 7 and 8 but I was able to push through.

I used gel packs for the first time. It was a nerve racking moment as I opened the first gu and got ready to squirt it down. Surprisingly, I thought it was quite tasty! It was vanilla bean and I enjoyed it besides the texture which is different than normal. The first one I took an hour into the run and the second a squirted in at an hour and 45 minutes into the run. I should have had one more at 2 and a half hours but didn't since it was just a trial. Overall, I think I will use it again on my next long run.

No comments: