Yesterday was a challenge. The route that I picked was much hillier then I ever expected. I knew we would be encountering a few hills but I didn’t think that the entire course was going to be hilly.
To start off we went down Pettibone, which started off with a long down hill. That’s when I should have realized that the path I picked was going to be a struggle. We continued on Pettibone until we hit Richmond (one long uphill later), which Dr. Anson told us had a bike path all of the way down the road. That was nice to hear so Lauren and I could run by each other and catch up since it has been about a month since we last ran together. While on Richmond we ran by KB’s house which was burnt to a crisp. I have never seen a house so burnt down; I couldn’t even imagine if I lived there. Luckily no one was home when that happened.
After we finished running her neighborhood we started a jog to the metro parks (which was basically one down hill followed by a steep up hill). We stated on Richmond and ran up and down all of the hills until we reached S.O.M, during the 6 or so miles in metros we were luckily enough to have our water breaks. Mrs. Hahn (Gatorade, cookies and water) and my dad (Water and Vaseline) both brought us refreshments which made the run more enjoyable, and gave us our second wind.
After we finished with our tour de metros we realized that we would be a little short in our 16 mile run so we decided to run down Cannon, and into two other neighborhoods to make our run longer so we didn’t have to run around Liberty Hill (which we have done numerous times).
While running down S.O.M something unimaginable happened. We somehow made EVERY light with a walk sign, which meant we were unable to get any breaks to catch our breath. At that point I was happy that we didn’t have to stop and go all the way down the road since I don’t think my legs could have taken the teasing. Just incase we were going to get stopped at a light we had back up plans to make it so we didn’t have to stop. After we ran down S.O.M we ran to Pettibone to finish our run.
Overall I think we had a successful run. I have realized that I really need to try and fit in more runs during the week so I am not as sore after the long run, and I don’t want to get hurt this close to the race!
No comments:
Post a Comment