Monday, September 22, 2008

Ugh...SIck

This weekend was not as successful as I thought it was going to be. Going into Friday I was excited to get a 5 mile run in on Friday and a 13 mile run in on Saturday or Sunday. Unfortunately that was unable to happen. Friday after school I had a sore throat which I thought it was just from talking all week to the students, but by the time practice was over and I got home I was having a hard time swallowing without being in pain. Since I could barely swallow I figured running wasn’t going to be working at all.
Saturday morning I woke up feeling a little better, but I had a morning soccer game. We had to be at the busses at 9:00. Around then I was feeling good and still hoping I could get my run in after our game. To my surprise on the after the game I was feeling horrible and not only did I have a sore throat I had a pounding headache. With my parents out of town and no food at home I called my grandma who made me Chicken Noodle Soup. I ate dinner at her house around 4 then headed home. When I got home I watched a movie and fell asleep on the couch.
Sunday was the worst of them all, I had a headache, sore throat and my nose was running out of control. I spend most of the day on the couch (from 10 am-4pm ) and sleeping (5pm -7pm then 9pm-7am the next morning), hoping to get better for the school day tomorrow since I cannot miss any more days.

Luckily it was this weekend I got sick and not last, but I am very upset that I didn’t get a chance to run and hopefully I can get a really long on in next week,

1 comment:

Joe and Lauren said...

Hope you are feeling better!