
Today’s ½ marathon went a lot better than I could ever expect. When I started I had one goal and that was to finish under 2 hours. Luckily I found a volunteer pace setter that was set for 1:55 so I decided to stick with him.
Toward the beginning of the race I was going strong and keeping up with the pacer, whenever I would fall behind I would sprint up and catch him. Knowing that if I would allow myself to get too far behind I would not catch up at any point. I was able to stay with the pacer for the first 11 miles. After that I was falling behind a little but still always had them insight. When I completed my run I was surprised to see what I ran the marathon in 1 hour and 55 minutes (8:40 minute mile pace) which was great for me because my 10 mile run pace was 9:20.
Cutting off 40 second per mile made me feel good and I am happy about it! Hopefully I am not sore tomorrow.
Toward the beginning of the race I was going strong and keeping up with the pacer, whenever I would fall behind I would sprint up and catch him. Knowing that if I would allow myself to get too far behind I would not catch up at any point. I was able to stay with the pacer for the first 11 miles. After that I was falling behind a little but still always had them insight. When I completed my run I was surprised to see what I ran the marathon in 1 hour and 55 minutes (8:40 minute mile pace) which was great for me because my 10 mile run pace was 9:20.
Cutting off 40 second per mile made me feel good and I am happy about it! Hopefully I am not sore tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment