I tried to go for a long run today (between 12 and 14) but my heart just wasn't in it. I woke up pretty sore in new places since I definitely worked some new muscles on the rigorous hike yesterday. As the sun was beating down and I was struggling with each stride, I kept rationalizing why it would be okay for me to stop. One reason was that I did hike 8 miles yesterday and it had been a good workout. Another reason was that I was on vacation and I should enjoy myself and not suffer so much. I had asked Joe to bring me some water after about 55 minutes so that I could refuel. I had just run by a pretty cool thing so I decided maybe we should drive back so I could show him. The cool thing was Spouting Horn - it's like a blow hole in the rocks that sprays water out as waves role under it. AWESOME!After showing Joe the wonderful natural wonder - I battled with myself and decided I should run back to the hotel rather than drive back with Joe. It was hot and hard but I'm glad I did it. Overall, I ran 1 hour 18 minutes and 32 seconds - probably around 9 miles.
I lost my nike sensor thing - I'm a mess with forgetting and losing things on the honeymoon -no good.
No comments:
Post a Comment